After this winter, (which seems like it will never end), a getaway to a romantic hotel in Wisconsin sounds good right about now, doesn’t it?
However when you start to seek out places to stay, you can be overwhelmed by all the choices that are available to you. Do you want a large hotel, a small hotel, a B&B? Well, we thought we would help you out a bit, by creating a small check list of things to look for when you are booking your getaway to a romantic hotel.
1. Does it cater to romantics? If you are taking a romantic getaway in Wisconsin, the last thing you want is a chain hotel full of convention attendees, or rowdy teenagers. Seek out a hotel that specializes in romance. And by that I mean, a hotel whose niche is romance. Not a hotel that has some romance packages, but also has golf packages and girls weekend away packages. By the way, these are all great packages if you want a weekend away with the guys or girls….then that is the hotel you want. When you want a romantic getaway though, you want a hotel who does nothing else but focus on romance. Chances are good that this will be a hotel for adults only. While we all love our children, when you are taking a romantic getaway you would like to stay in a place where there are no children.
2. Do they offer packages or amenities that are focused on romance? At Lazy Cloud, you will find that every package, special or amenity we offer has romance at its core. From our Enchanted Evening Picnics, to our Romantic Sensations package, we base every package on “is it romantic?”. When you are booking your getaway, check out what extra packages are available.
3. Do they value your privacy and solitude? When you are finally able to take that getaway, the last thing you want is housekeeping knocking at your door, or hearing other rooms/suites being cleaned. A location that offers private entrances is important when seeking out a location. At Lazy Cloud, every guest has a private suite, with a private entrance.
4. What amenities are you given? For many people, taking a getaway is a special event. Look for a location that makes you feel special from the moment you cross their threshold. When guests check in at Lazy Cloud, they are given a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. We want our guests to know how special they are, and this is just one of the ways we do that.
5. Does the hotel go above and beyond when it comes to meeting your needs? When guests stay with us at Lazy Cloud, we become their personal concierge during their stay. We can handle making reservations to restaurants, or offer advice on the best local pizza, or even share where the best spot is for a romantic picnic. Our goal is to take care of each guest as if they are the only guest we have. By the way, we do a great job on meeting that goal
This is by far from a comprehensive list of things to look for when booking a romantic hotel in Wisconsin, but it does give you some ideas of things you should be looking for when you are making those plans.
And of course it goes without saying that when you are looking to book that romantic hotel, we hope you will give us a call at 262-275-3322. We cater to couples and our B & B and small hotel provide wonderful amenities with luxurious jacuzzis for two along with fireplaces in every suite and room. And that jacuzzi – well, it’s in the sitting room with a view of the fireplace – not stuck in the bathroom with a view of the toilet!
Our romantic hotel is located in southeastern Wisconsin – only 90 minutes from Chicago and an hour from Milwaukee & Madison.