Are you putting the final touches on your Valentine’s Day romance plans? Or are you Valentine’s Day challenged and sorta overwhelmed by just what you are going to do, and have no idea what to buy? Let’s face it, it really doesn’t matter how long you have been a couple, planning for Valentine’s day can be a bit daunting, even for those who are romantics are heart.
We came across a list of some great tips on adding romance to your Valentine’s Day plans, and figured we would pass it along. Whether you are just about finished planning a special day or haven’t started yet, you are sure to find some ideas that will make this a Valentine’s Day not only stress free but a day to remember!
The ideas below are from Hallmark Cards:
Kendra Keller knows a thing or two about romance as she is the Head of Romance at Hallmark Cards in the UK. Keller reveals some romance tips which will take you to the top of the class come Valentine’s Day:
- A Valentine’s card, whether it’s cute, classy, traditional or tacky, is considered the most important item to receive on Valentine’s Day – don’t neglect such a simple touch! Upload photographs through an online service to make it extra special.
- A home-made gift shows thought, consideration and creativity- think along the lines of home-made muffins, a personalized photo frame (so they can frame your thoughtful personalized Valentine’s card of course!) or a delicious three course dinner for extra brownie points.
- What you write in your personalized Valentine’s day card says way more about your relationship than what you buy.
- Personalized messages and private jokes show openness and the ability to be honest about your feelings, but remember to keep it clean as other people may well end up reading it!
- If you want to write a poem, avoid channeling your inner cheese and remember it doesn’t have to rhyme to be romantic – so just give it a go.
- Dream dates are all about personal touches and don’t just have to be about wining and dining, and splashing the cash!
- Personal grooming should be a given – but a bit of effort (a nice new shirt/haircut/new underwear) will not go unnoticed and get you extra brownie points, boys and girls!
- A home-cooked meal, foot massage, bubble bath or even agreeing to watch football/ Desperate Housewives are all activities that are easily achievable and just as effective as candy hearts and roses.
- Why not create a personalized invitation for your date to make it really different?
There you have it….the tips are pretty easy to follow. A few other pieces of advice taken from some local romantics; if you are into simplicity, then keep the day and the experience simple. It doesn’t need to be extravagant to be memorable!
And if you want to do something a bit more fancy, this is certainly the holiday to do it! Just remember to think out of the box when it comes to Valentine’s Day …. if you find that you can’t get into that new fancy restaurant on Valentine’s Day, because of the crowds, remember February is Creative Romance Month! Make a romantic meal at home, and then go the fancy restaurant the following week. As long as you are spending the day with the one you love, Valentine’s Day can’t help but be special.
Of course when it comes to romance, we would be remiss if we didn’t remind you that no one does Romance better than Lazy Cloud.
Our Lake Geneva Bed & Breakfast is located on the west end of Geneva Lake in the lakeside village of Fontana WI. Our Lake Geneva Inn location is located just a few moments west of downtown Lake Geneva.
All of the accommodations at the bed and breakfast and/or Inn, are decorated in an individual theme with a whirlpool for two that has a view of the fireplace, queen or king bed, a daybed or love seat for lounging, and a small dining area for two.
Each location also includes great romantic amenities…
- Bottle of chilled champagne or wine
- Chocolate dipped strawberries or a caramel apple pie for 2
- Chocolate raspberry meltaways
- Lots of tea candles for soft lighting
- Fluffy bathrobes
- Scented bubble bath for your whirlpool
Make your stay at our small Lake Geneva hotel even more romantic, and order our delicious Enchanted Evening Picnic Basket Dinner. We’ll deliver it right to your door so you can enjoy it by candlelight in front of your fireplace!
To enjoy our Valentine’s Day Romance, just give us a call today at 262-275-3322.