Spouse’s Day is a time to enjoy and appreciate your better half.
You can use this day as a prelude or warm up to Valentine’s Day, perhaps. But don’t make gifts (buying or receiving) the focus of the day; it’s not as much of a gift giving event. Instead it is a time to show your spouse that you care and appreciate all the things that they do for you and your family on a day to day basis.
The longer we are married, the easier it is to take each other for granted, even if we don’t mean to. After all, he or she is always there and he/she always does this or that for you, and before we know it, we have fallen into the trap of taking our spouse for granted.
This year decide that you will make a change and will use Spouses Day 2014 to show your spouse that you are grateful for all they do for you. Even though this is not a day that is focused on giving or receiving presents, especially with Valentine’s Day around the corner. If your budget and your schedule allows, you could take your spouse away for a romantic overnight visit. What better way to show your appreciation than by devoting a day entirely to them, without the kids, without any chores, without any interruptions! With the winter blahs setting in, a quick overnight away with just the two of you, can make the winter seem a bit more bearable.
However if time doesn’t allow for a romantic getaway at the moment, below you will find a few ideas on things you can do while staying at home:
- Surprise your sweetie with a wonderful massage.
- Fill up the tub with luxurious suds, light a few candles (or turn on a few flameless candles), open a bottle of wine and let your sweetie soak it all in for an hour or so. And if you’re lucky, maybe the tub will fit two?
- Offer to do an errand your spouse hates – take out the trash, do the laundry, clean the kitchen, do the dishes, etc.
- Mark off one of the things on your honey-do list of your own free will!
- Tell your spouse to take the evening off and offer to watch the kids.
- Surprise him or her with her all-time favorite sweet treat!
- Offer to hang out with your sweetie and watch his or her favorite television show despite the fact you can’t stand or understand it – soap operas, favorite sports, crafting, home improvement, etc.
- Make it movie night with each of you picking your all-time favorite flick. No complaining allowed.
- Go for a walk together. Even if the weather isn’t cooperating, when is the last time the two of you went for a romantic walk in the rain or snow?
- If you happen to have some snow on the ground, make snow angels! It’ll bring out the kid in you!
- Have a romantic picnic – in the house! Gather up a blanket, some goodies, a bottle of your favorite bubbly and have a picnic on the floor!
- AND if you you do decide to take an overnight getaway on the 26th, you can take advantage of our lower Sunday rates at Lazy Cloud.