Be honest now…..how many of you have ever heard of or know about this holiday? I would bet not to many of you do!
However during this month of Couples Appreciation, we thought it might be great to take some time to focus on this special day that we just learned about . After all, we have Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, but what if you don’t have children? After learning about Husband Appreciation Day, you won’t have to worry about that again, because Ladies this is the day you can take to show your husband how appreciated he is.
There are many things your husband probably does on a daily basis that you can let him you are thankful and appreciative of. However in case you still need a little help, we have listed a few ideas and suggestions below to be appreciative for:
- Yard Work
- Cooking Meals
- Doing Laundry
- Helping with the daily family routines
- Working hard to provide for the family.
These are just a few ideas, and I am sure once you get working on your very own list, you will be able to fill several sheets of paper.
After you create your list of things to be thankful for, the next part will be to come up with a way to show your appreciation. If you need help with that, we have prepared a few gift ideas below:
- A new video game or the latest DVD that he has had his eye on.
- Does he have a hobby that he loves? Come up with a themed basket based on that hobby! For example, if he loves sports, you could create a basket with a few snacks, a new T-Shirt with his favorite team on it, and maybe even tickets to one of their games. If he loves golf or running or working on cars, if you think a bit out of the box, you can come up with some great ideas that you can group together in a basket.
- If you would rather go the No Money route, perhaps give him a coupon book with coupons for use of the remote control one evening, another one for “get out of garbage duty”, or “one free massage”. Again, do a little “out of the box” thinking, and create your own coupon book for him. The only thing this will cost you is time!
- Another No Money idea would be to prepare him breakfast in bed and let him spend the day watching all the sports he wants on TV.
- However, if your schedule and your wallet allow, then a romantic getaway would be great. ( I know just the place……)
The bottom line? We tend to take those closest to us for granted more often than not; on this day, make sure your husband knows how special and appreciated he is. And Ladies? Hang in there……Wife Appreciation Day is September 20th!
If you do decide to take a quick getaway, we are offering a Saturday Night only special this coming Saturday!
Typically our Saturdays require a two night stay, however on April 19th, you can book a single Saturday….. Why not give us a call today at 262-275-3322 and book your suite today! Between the bottle of champagne, the chocolate covered strawberries, the blazing fireplace and the double whirlpool, your husband will feel very appreciated and very, very special!
Lazy Cloud offers premier Lake Geneva lodging for couples looking for romantic getaways in Wisconsin. We are one of the few hotels with jacuzzi in the room. Our B & B and small hotel provide wonderful amenities with whirlpools for two that have a view of the fireplace in every suite and room. We are located in southeastern Wisconsin – only 90 minutes from Chicago and an hour from Milwaukee & Madison.