Confession Time! I am listening to Pharrell Williams song “Happy”. My toes are tapping and it is hard to sit still, ’cause the song just makes me, well, Happy! Have you ever really listened to the song? There is such a great message in there, and makes you really think about what happiness is and how we can make sure we incorporate it into our daily lives.
But what if we take the message of happiness a bit deeper and apply it to the relationship with our spouse, partner or significant other. Would you say your relationship is happy? or does it need a bit of tweaking (or a lot) to adjust the happiness meter? Continue reading on then, because we compiled a list of things you can do to adjust the happiness quotient in your relationship.
1. Happy couples communicate regularly with each other. However the way they communicate may make the difference in how happy they are because they don’t communicate to prove their individual points all the time. They listen to their partner and they empathize with them even if they don’t always agree with them.
2. Happy couples go out of their way to make the other feel special. They remember the “small” things their partner likes and then proceeds to find ways to incorporate those things on a regular basis.
3. Happy couples respect each other. They don’t text, or zone out when their partner is speaking to them. They give their total focus to their partner when he or she is communicating something to them.
4. Happy couples have great sex, in fact they schedule romantic getaways. Date nights are great, but being alone away from home can fan the flame of passion because you never have to worry about someone visiting unexpectedly or being quiet because you don’t want to wake the children.
5. Happy couples are careful with what they say to and about each other. In this day and age, where everything we do seems to find its way onto some social media site, happy couples never say, share or post anything mean or negative about their partner.
The list above seems amazingly simple and easy doesn’t it? But if you found a couple of areas that maybe you aren’t totally “happy” in, try working on them and see what it does for your Couple Happiness Quotient!
Did you take special note of #4? If so, and you are thinking a romantic getaway is in order, give us a call at 262-275-3322 and book your suite today.
Lazy Cloud offers premier Lake Geneva lodging for couples looking for a romantic getaway. We are one of the few Lake Geneva hotels with jacuzzi in room for two. Our Lake Geneva bed and breakfast provides wonderful amenities with whirlpools for two that have a view of the fireplace in every suite and room. Because we offer this, we are a great place for honeymoon getaways. We are located in southeastern Wisconsin – only 90 minutes from Chicago and an hour from Milwaukee & Madison.